FlygenKite to harness Low Level Jets
Towards utility-scale in electric production with the two new conversion systems:
- Rotating Reeling After a deeper analysis our experts make the following conclusion: there are some ways to maximize swept area within land/space used, see www.awec2013.de/pdfs/AWEC_2013_BoA.pdf p.59 . An application for French patent n° 1500663 on 03/31/2015 discloses the main features. There is one rotating kite in the air and one ring of mobile stations in the ground. The two systems are connected by peripheral lines of conversion from the opening of parachute towards mobile stations. The angle of attack of the rotating kite is assured by hangers tied in the central rope joining the central station. Since the kite is tilted while the conversion system is horizontal there are cyclical variations of length of peripheral lines. So generators can be settled within mobile stations, reeling-out being for the half of the ring turning upwind. More details on http://www.awec2015.com/images/posters/AWEC25_Benhaiem-poster.pdf on http://www.awec2015.com (Airborne Wind Energy Conference 2015 ).
TSR of blades is well adapted for Low level Jets, allowing a complete maximization of high winds. The scalability of soft wing allows giant dimensions, so carrying several turbines, in 10 MW-range by unity, wind speed being 15 m/s, wing speed being 45 m/s. Trajectories are thought to avoid loss of maximization of space. Small models validated general structure: videos below.
FlygenKite is also a manually piloted Airborne Wind Energy System (AWES).The patented energy module consisted of a stick between the two lines of the kite (area 1.5 m²) and carrying one or several turbines. When wind speed is 5 m/s, FlygenKite flies crosswind, its speed is 20 m/s, so the power on the rotor(s) increases by factor of 64. Power: 5 to 100 W according to wind speed and piloting.
Small crosswind model
Wind energy module:
- Educational illuminating game showing the potential of the AWES : prototypes are ready.
- Fast load of electronic devices, mobile phones, tablets..., and also for walkers,or for education in off-grid zone, or for model airplanes or helicopters.
- 2013: Airborne Wind Energy Conference Berlin.
Prototypes of the illuminating educational game shown successfully in:
- 2012:"Festival International de Cerf-Volant de Dieppe" 2012 September 8-16.
Illuminating educational game: